Thinking of joining us?
We'd love to have you
We welcome all new and prospective members. We know joining a club can be daunting, especially with the elitism in cycling so we want to scrap that and make everyone feel welcome.
Whether you’re a cafe rider or want to dip a toe into the world of competitive cycling we have something to offer all cyclists. As well as the weekly club rides, BSCC are affiliated to British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials and Western Time Trials Association. We’ll also be found dabbling in the muddy disciplines of cyclocross, gravel and cross country mountain biking.
So, how do you join?
You probably want to try out one of our regular rides before you buy membership. You are welcome to come along to one of our Sunday club rides or introductory rides first. If you’re not sure about which group to join, or just want to have someone looking out for you, contact us so that we can hook you up with a buddy.
If you’ve already been out on a ride with us or just know that BSCC is the club for you then go ahead and click the ‘Join Us’ button below. We use the RiderHQ to handle membership.
There is an initial, one-off joining fee of £10, plus your normal membership, which is:
- Standard (age 18-59) – £12 if you join in September, £11 in October reducing until July when it reverts to £12, but then you’re covered until September of the next year.
- Junior (under 18)- £1 for the year.
- Senior (60 and over) – £1 for the year.
Membership renews annually on 1st September each year.
Obviously, you’ll look great in your BSCC kit (see below), and your Sundays will be punctuated by rolling club rides and quality cafe stops. You’ll be part of a friendly, supportive cycling community based in Bristol, meet like-minded cycling enthusiasts and always have someone to ride with.
More tangible benefits include:
Discounts and partnerships:
- A club cap at a special price of £2 when you join
- A reduced membership rate to join Cycling UK
- Use of the club features on Ride With GPS
- Affiliation to British Cycling and Cycling Time Trials for racing
- You’ll score points and be eligible for prizes in the season-long Classic League competition at Chew Lake
- You can join Bristol South CC racing teams
- Many club trophies are only available to members
- Entry to club competitions like the monthly Strava segment
- Access to the private Strava and Facebook groups
Wear the red and gold
Joining a cycling club for many is about the feeling of belonging, of being a part of something bigger. Red and gold are the original colours of Bristol South and our retro inspired club kit has been fabled to be worth at least an additional 5 watts on the Sunday ride.
Our club kit is manufactured by BioRacer and is available to members at regular intervals through a club order. If you want to look at what’s available the site is here, but you can only place orders during the advised order windows (3 – 4 times a year).
Custom skinsuits are also available made to order from NoPinz, contact us for the password.
Can’t wait for a club kit order window to open? We have some kit in stock in the club shop.